Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bigger and Happier

Drake is getting bigger and happier. We took him in for his 2 month appointment on Aug. 22 and he weighed 13 lbs. 6.8 oz (78%), and was 24 inches long (77%). He is a little bit bigger than Jackson was at his 2 month appointment. The doctor made some recommendations on how to help relieve Drake's fussiness. One was for me to stop eating dairy for a week which I did and it seemed to relieve some of his gas, so I guess I'll continue to limit my dairy. She also recommended trying him on Zantac because he seems to have a reflux problem. He has been on Zantac for 5 days now and the past couple of days he seems to have been much happier. He is smiling a lot more. He still cries when he wants attention and when he wants to be held, which is often, but at least the majority of the pain seems to have gone away. Justin and I have been branching out and spending time with new friends. We have spent a lot of time with Ryan and Brindi Horsley the past few weeks. Above are some pictures from the Braves game we went to last week. We also got some new games for the Wii, so we have been having Wii parties lately too. It has been really nice to have some adult interactions. Thanks Brindi and Ryan for saving us from insanity, and thanks Grandma and Grandpa Cersey for watching the boys and letting us use your house for our Wii parties!

3 comments:

nicole said...

Hey - This is Nicole from the ward and I'm stalking you :) I love your blog, but now I'm worried because Maggie has been crying more and more, but I think I'll die if I have to give up dairy. And by dairy I mean ice cream.

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

I am glad Drake seems happier! Looks like you guys are having fun! I use to be super good friends wth Ryan the year after I lioved with you. We hung out like every day! Small world! Tell him hi from me!

Ryan and Brindi said...

hellloooooo!!! yeah, i'm glad we made your blog! :) we added you to our friends list on our blog so it is official. nice pics! where is justin looking in that middle pic - does he see something we don't? (by the way, how did you and i end up with HUGE noses in that group picture Justin's coworker took?? wow, just lovely)