Monday, March 2, 2009

What the Snow?!

So, we were having pleasant weather last week. Temperatures in upper 50's even in the high 60's on Thursday. Then, out of nowhere (nowhere technically being the northwest) we get a snow storm yesterday. It was almost comparable to a mild Utah snow storm, almost. The snow started coming down at noon and didn't stop until around 7:00 last night. We only had sacrament yesterday because of the weather. Yes, Georgians are pansies when it comes to snow, but in our defense we aren't prepared to clear the roads in this type of situation. So, here are some pictures that were taken not too long after the downpour started yesterday.


After Church we went over to Grandpa and Grandma Cersey's house where Jackson played in the snow on the back porch. Later in the evening Grandma pulled him around in a sled. Jackson loves the snow.

We didn't have any snow clothes for Drake, but we let him touch some snow and watch Jackson play in it. Drake got so excited that he threw-up.

Today the sun is out and the snow is melting, but I got this picture of the house before it is all gone. It is suppose to be back into the upper 60's and even the 70's by Friday. Kind of crazy huh? We enjoyed our day in the snow, but we are ready for things to get back to normal.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I forget how pretty your house is. It is especially lovely covered in snow!

FishHead said...

I think that's more snow at one time than I've gotten at one time at my house this entire winter. It's been mild here.

Sorry to hear that you're nothing more than a desk jockey these days. I'm not sure why you've assumed that I'm not. I'm sure I'm far worse than you in fact. You still work out, you still do stuff on weekends. Aside from that campout, I've done nothing since labor day. I'm pathetic really. Just sitting in bed in my underwear watching life pass me by as I watch such youtube classics as "Jordan's greatest dunks" and the like. All my muscle has converted to fat and I weigh the same, i.e., i've gained considerable amounts of fat and weight. I'm softer than most stay puffed marshmellows. I'm softer than that snow in your front yard (nice house by the way; and, I bet you paid 1/3 what I did for my shack!). Don't despair man! You are a jockey of life!! A jockey of wild ponies that will not be broken!! You, old college roommate, are a man's man; fit; handsome; and able to grow a beard and not get fired for it! You, man that married a former teen model, are a friend's friend, and one that does not resemble a dad of two that can barely lift his own children one at a time. . . . like me.