Friday, June 19, 2009

Drake's 1st Birthday and Drake's 1st Haircut!

Drake turned 1 on June 18th! We had a party for him on Friday, June 19th at Bay Creek Park. Lots of friends and family came to celebrate our little man's first year of life. Aunt Jessica, Uncle Andy, Megan, Alexis, Aunt Jana, Anthony, Grandma, and Grandpa Cersey were all there. Nicole and Maggie, Brindi, Ryan, and Aiden, Rachel, Thayne, Jones, and Lacey, Danielle, Andy, Brooklyn, and London, Carey, Chris, and Boston were all there too. We are so blessed to have so many close friends and family members nearby!

Justin had just finished his P90X, so to show off he and Thayne had a pull-up contest on the playground. Thayne did 18 pull ups and Justin did 17 and 3/4. Practically a tie, but Justin says he was able to do 19 the next day so overall he wins right? I did 1 whole pull-up and Nicole did 2, so she won as usual.
Grandma Cersey made this awesome cake. It was 3 tiers of sports balls. Drake loves balls. We think he is going to be quite the little athlete. The baseball on top was Drake's own little cake, which he made a mess of. He was hesitant at first but he got the hang of it eventually. We had to hose him down afterwords.
Thanks to those who helped out and who came to Drake's party. Thanks also for the gifts. He loves them all!

Drake had his first haircut on June 23. I cut it myself and it was no easy task. He crawled all over the tub while I chased him with the clippers. It sounds like the plot of a horror movie but it turned out well in the end. Jackson took all of these perfect pictures while I cut Drake's hair. What talented boys I have!
 

2 comments:

nicole said...

Um...the reason I usually win is because I'm married to MR. Good-at-everything which can drive me crazy except when we're playing couples' games.

The Fox Family said...

I can't believe that Jaxson snapped those shots of you cutting DD's hair!! He may have a future ahead of him in photography...