Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Earning His Keep and Bones

A few months ago Jackson got a modeling job. It was funny because we never intended to get him into modeling. I mentioned to my agent one day that I had 2 sons and she told me to send her pictures of the boys just in case any jobs came up for mothers and children. So I did, and within an hour my agent had called me back to tell me that Jackson had gotten a job! The client didn't even want me, they only wanted Jackson! The job was for a company that manufactures shirts and then sells them to retailers, so you won't be seeing him in any ads, but he worked for about an hour and got paid $440! His check came in the mail yesterday.

Now we are considering getting Jackson into more modeling/acting stuff. Luckily his mom has some connections. We are going to try and save his money for him, but unfortunately, we are struggling financially like everyone else (hence the ads on the right side of the page, go ahead and click on them, you know you want to Ryan). So we might have to borrow Jackson's money so that we can buy groceries. It's not too terrible to take your 3 year old's money, is it? I mean, he's gotta earn his keep, right?

Last week we noticed a dog on our back porch sadly staring at us through the window. Though I don't really like dogs, this one looked terribly skinny and scared, so I did what anyone with a heart would do, and I fed it. Of course the dog keeps coming back and I continue to feed him or her. He (or she) looks like an Italian greyhound, so someone probably paid good money for him. He is wearing a collar with no tag on it, so he must just be lost. He won't let us get close to him and he runs really fast, so we can't catch him. I think he has been abused, because he is terrified of people. My plan is to try and warm him up to us and then take him to the vet. We named him (or her) Bones.
Its kind of nice having a dog that requires so little attention. If only having a pet were always this easy.

6 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh poor bones. hopefully with all the hot dogs you are feeding him he will fatten up some. and yes, i will make sure ryan sees your mafia ad. that is a good idea- i think you need to tell me more about the ads...we'll talk soon. rock band saturday after games??

nicole said...

Judging by the pictures, I'm pretty sure Bones is a girl. Or a very poorly endowed little boy.

The Cersey Family said...

Yeah, I just saw her squat to pee outside, so I guess she is a girl. She still won't let us get near her. I am worried that she will freeze when it gets colder outside. What do I do?

The Fox Family said...

Poor Bones!! I wonder if she has a tape worm. If you're feeding her, she should fatten up a little. I'd keep an eye on that.

Shannon said...

Don't feel bad at all about Jackson's money. If you do, just put 10% (or even 5!) in a savings acct for him and he'll totally thank you someday! He is so cute! I'm not surprised they wanted him for the gig! :)

I can't believe that poor dog! You're so good to keep feeding him (her?)- keep it up and like you said, hopefully it'll warm up to you!

Lillian J. White said...

Teens! I am proud of Jackson and i think you're allowed to borrow his money. :) Room and board. And poor sweet bones....i've never had pets but seeing her makes me want to bring her home! I'm glad you're giving her food and love! And fyi...you ARE part of my fun family. It was implied! The catch is, you have to come visit! :) Love you!