Monday, May 3, 2010

1st Father - Son Camp Out

Justin and Jackson went on their first father-son camp out recently. I wasn't there so I can't give a full report, but from what I have heard Jackson had a great time. He rode around on J.P. Alvarez's four-wheeler, he roasted hot dogs and one marshmallow. Jackson played with his good friends J.P. Alvarez and Jones Shumway. Justin didn't want to set up a tent, so they slept on a mattress in the back of grandpa's car. Neither of them got very much sleep. In the morning Justin had breakfast (Jackson wouldn't eat), and then got ready to head home. Before leaving, however, Jackson got a hold of a salamander, which he enjoyed torturing. Typical boy behavior. Here are the few pictures Justin took. As you can see, he managed to avoid getting a picture of father and son on their first father-son camp out. Oh well.

2 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

no sleep seems to be the theme when u camp with your children. looks like jackson enjoyed good friend time on the father son campout. :)

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

Paul took Isaac last weekend on their first camp out. Isn't it fun seeing the men in your life spend father - son time together. I think it's so cool. Call me and let me know when you're in town this week I'll be at girls camp Tues. and Wed. but I'd love to see if you have time.