Monday, August 2, 2010

The End of July

Justin had this last week off of work because he is about to lose his vacation days if he doesn't use them. We decided to just chill this week and do a whole lot of nothing. We have been trying to take advantage of our pool this Summer since we have to pay so much to keep it open. On Friday we had some friends and family join us there for some fun in the sun. Here are the baby swimmers.

 
Notice Ryan's white swim shorts. Its okay to laugh a little.
 
We also spent some time this last week over at Justin's parents' house because his mom and Andy both just had knee surgery and are there recovering together. We hope they get better soon! They have been sitting in this chair for over a week now. Justin tried to entertain everyone with his crocheting skills, but it turns out that watching someone crochet is really boring.
 
At church yesterday I was released as 2nd Counselor in the YW presidency because my mom (the YW Pres.) was released and her counselors are released by default. I was kind of upset because I hadn't been in that calling for very long (since last November) and I was just starting to feel like I understood my job. They called a new YW President, and lo and behold I was called back as the 2nd counselor. I am very excited that I don't have to leave the young women just yet. Jess is still the 1st counselor too, so there is fun still to come! My mom was released because my dad just got called to be the Branch President of a Spanish Branch in our stake and she has to join him there. Its pretty crazy, but I know they will do a great job.

1 comments:

Lacey said...

Cute pictures of all the kiddos. Glad you guys got your pool opened after all the drama of it all!