Thursday, June 19, 2008

He Has Arrived!!!

I went in to the hospital at 8:30 am yesterday morning and they started me on Pitocin at 9:00 am. My contractions gradually got stronger over the next several hours and at about noon I opted for the Epidural. It turned out that my doctor was unexpectedly detained in a surgery all day, so we didn't even see him until 5:15 in the afternoon which is when he broke my water. After that things began to move really quickly, but I had to wait for my doctor again while he did a Cesarean on another patient. My doctor came back in around 7:20 and after only 8 rounds of pushing our little man arrived at 7:41 pm. He is 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 19.5 inches long. No, we have not chosen a name yet, but we will before we leave the hospital. Next post will have more pictures and a name to go with the face.

Here I am happy to be rid of the pain after my epidural.
Here is Justin with our new baby who is swollen from all the squeezing and pushing.
Mommy and baby.
Here is the little guy after his first bath looking a little more relaxed.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Congratulations! I am glad things went so well and that mommy and baby are both looking so GOOD. Can't wait for more pictures and a name.

Danielle Strong said...

He is soo cute!!! Congratulations. I look forward to more updates. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so glad everything went well. Darron and I were thinking of you and praying for you all day. Great pictures! We can't wait to meet him. Sure do love you and are PLUM proud of you!!! Love, LuAnne

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! Such a nice new addition to your family. Hope the transition goes smoothly!