Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Shower and Callaway

I wasn't expecting a baby shower for this baby because I honestly didn't need one. I already have everything that I need because I had a boy almost this exact same time two years ago. But my VT and friend, Betsy Baugh insisted on doing something, so I gave in and allowed the simplest of showers. I only wanted a few people there and we went to a really casual restaurant. I also requested no gifts, but if someone was determined to bring one the only thing I wanted was Pampers diapers and/or wipes. As you can see some people didn't follow my instructions, but I am very grateful that I have close friends and family that insist on doing nice things for me and my family. Thanks everyone for the perfect small shower. Last weekend we went down to Callaway Gardens just south of Atlanta for my Dad's annual Hinman Dental retreat. It was nice to get away for a couple of days with the family. Besides us and my parents, James and Darron joined us as well. The main reason we love to go to this event each year is the awesome Bingo game that is played the first night. They give away some sweet prizes. I risked going into labor 3 hours away from my doctor to play this game. It just so happened that I won a $100 gift card to the Buckhead Life Restaurants, a box of Lindt chocolates, and a bottle of wine which I declined. Jackson won a remote control helicopter too. A woman at our table won a Wii, which Justin was upset about because he was the one to pass her the winning card originally. It was a good time and well worth the risk.

Jackson and Justin at the Butterfly Center at Callaway.
One of the many beautiful butterflies we saw.
Jackson dancing the night away at Saturday night's Hinman barbecue.

1 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

sorry i couldn't make it to your shower, i didn't have the car that day. looks like fun.