Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

On the 4th of July we did several fun things together as a family. Jackson actually sat through his first entire movie at a movie theater. We saw "Horton Hears a Who". Then we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Cersey's house for dinner and games. Then we all drove down to the Big Lots parking lot to watch the Lawrenceville City fireworks display. Now, I know what you are thinking, "the Big Lots parking lot? That sounds pretty country bumpkin." I thought the same thing myself when my sister-in-law told me that this was the plan for the evening, but to my surprise not only was the Big Lots parking lot full of people, but so was every other parking lot within a 3 mile radius of the city courthouse where the fireworks were being shot off. So, apparently we are not the only country bumpkins in town. We had a great view of the 15 minute firework show. Here are some pictures of our evening.

Aunt Jess and Jackson playing with fire!
Jackson, Grandma, and Anthony watching the fireworks.
Drake sleeping through it all.

2 comments:

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

How fun! We were so lame and watched a few fireworks from our yard while Noah slept in his crib!

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

Welcome baby Drake! Congrats to your beautiful family. It's wonderful to see you guys doing so well - I'm sure it's quite a transition to have two litte men in your lives. You guys are awesome. Kristina - I'm calling you today to chat!