Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Good Night, and Good Luck

So, tonight I am overwhelmed with disappointment. The dumb masses of our country have spoken and the entire country will pay a steep price for their ignorance. It is unfortunate that some people voted just to make history and neglected to acknowledge the issues that are the real reasons to vote. It is unfortunate that this election has brought more attention to the differences between races than it has done to eradicate them. It is unfortunate that this country is now on a road toward less freedom, the discouragement of hard work, and immorality. I do not dislike Obama as a person, but I strongly dislike the future that he has proposed for our country. I can only hope and pray that my children will be strong enough to combat the added trials that will inevitably confront them as a result of this election. God bless America, we need it now more than ever.

It has started already. I just heard gunshots outside my house. Ok, maybe they were fireworks...maybe.

3 comments:

FishHead said...

I just can't resist. This is a little over the top, don't you think? I mean, how is Obama's presidency going to result in less freedom? He would be much more likely to repeal the Patriot Act than McCain, wouldn't he? He would be much less likely to have a military draft, wouldn't he? He would be much more likely to allow gay marriage and free choice regarding abortion, wouldn't he? Aren't those things increasing or preserving our freedoms (i.e., ability to do what ever we want to)? Furthermore, how is better wellfare and healthcare discouraging hard work? How are single moms with multiple children supposed to work? How are sick people without jobs or means supposed to get healthy so they can go get work? I don't know if I'm the only one that notices, but well-to-do Americans aren't too keen on giving poor people money to get back on their feet, so if the gov't doesn't do it, who will? I used to think that if the gov't would stay out of my pocket book and let me do what I want with my money taken for SS, Medicare, and Medicaid that I, and nearly all others, would use that money to be more charitable, but I don't think so anymore. People are too greedy and selfish and would only use their money to benefit themselves and possibly their own families. I've become cynical to the idea that people want to help others. I think that gov't programs don't work well and need a major overhaul, if not complete repeal, but I don't think that the majority of recipients of those programs are choosing to just live on the dole and suck the marrow out of every contributing member of society. Poverty is a tough issue. What do you propose as an alternative to the current attempts to resolve the poverty crisis in America?

I do like that you're so involved in the process and so able to articulately express your views. I miss you guys.

The Cersey Family said...

Ladies and gentlemen, please give a round of applause to our lawyer friend who has been the only one passionate enough, and dare I say, brave enough to respond to my political banter. Though his views seem to differ from ours significantly, we still see him as a good and intelligent person who has just been somewhat misguided. After all he is a lawyer and we all know that law school is essentially a moral vacuum. Anyway, because he is a college friend of Justin's I will let him respond to Fishhead's questions
(except at the end where I will make my proposition for "the poverty crisis"). Please see the post entitled "Rebuttal".

FishHead said...

I'm sure you guys have heard the phrase "devil's advocate" before...