Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jackson is 3!!!

Jackson turns 3 today! We can hardly believe it! We had a party for him on Monday at Grandma Cersey's house. We had planned to have his party at the park, but the weather looked ominous so we changed the location last minute and of course the rain ended up holding off, but we had fun indoors anyway. We played games, broke open a pull-string Pinata, opened presents, and ate cake. I baked the cake and then decorated it with the help of Grandma Cersey. I think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself.

I had no idea what kind of activities to plan for a 3 year old's birthday party, but luckily Pretty LuLu knew how to entertain the kids. She played duck-duck-goose, Jackson Says, and an usual version of musical chairs that involved pillows and no losers. Justin and Grandma Cersey quickly came up with a "pin the nose on Thomas the train" game which was fun for the kids too.
Today we had a birthday playgroup at Chick-fil-a. Jessica, Megan and Lex came as well as Rachel, Jones and Lacey Shumway, Nicole and Maggie, Grandma Pearson, and Blossom and Arianna Weems. I am terrible at taking pictures, but here are a few shots from today.

2 comments:

The Fox Family said...

Great pictures! So sorry that we were out of town and could not come to Jackson's party. I hope he forgives us. We LOVE him just the same.

Brooke said...

Oh my word! Those kids are so cute! And they get old so fast!