Sunday, November 8, 2009

Partay!

So, people like to make fun of me because I like to celebrate my birth-week instead of just my birth-day, but the joke is on them because they indulge me on this. On Tuesday we went to Macaroni Grill, on Wednesday we had a girls' night (we do this almost every week so it wasn't explicitly for my b-week), and then on Friday night we had a partay! On Wed. Nicole taught us a card game called Nerts, which I suck at. Not only is it one more game that Nicole kicks my trash at, but now I have a new rival in Jessica, my sis-in-law, who also kicked my trash. We stayed at Nicole's until 4:00am. Not the smartest thing.
On Friday we had the partay at our house. Ryan and Brindi brought over their huge honkin grill of awesomeness and the guys cooked meat on it. Sweet. Justin made me a cake (admire its beauty below). I wafted the candles out with a notebook so as not to spit on my cake (a pet peeve of Justin's). I'm not great with pictures so, there isn't any real evidence that people actually came to my partay except for Brindi in the corner of one pic below. People that showed (just take my word for it): Jessica, Nicole, Brindi, Ryan, Thayne, Rachel, Nicole, my Dad, Darron, LuAnne, Chris, and Carey. We played games and then around midnight we busted out the old home videos. Chris, Carey, Justin, and I stayed up until 4:00 watching that crap. Good times.


So this post is not entirely selfish here are some recent pictures of the boys. They seem to have switched attitudes. Jackson can't stop scowling and Drake is generally content to do his own thing. Look at the little guy loading a water bottle full of Crayons. He only ate one that I know of. It appears that Jackson is learning too many bad habits from his mom.

2 comments:

nicole said...

Why am I so good at everything? I don't know. Oh wait, you beat me on picture taking hands down.

Rachel said...

had a lot of fun! :) yes, even while being forced to play games...