Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Justin's Birthday!

Okay, I am a terrible wife. I only took one picture on Justin's birthday. I'm just not good at remembering to take pictures! Anyway, for Justin's 32nd birthday I had a day full of surprises planned. His birthday fell on Memorial day which caused a few hitches as far as guest attendance was concerned, but all in all I think the day turned out to be nearly perfect. Justin didn't know about anything we were doing until we got to where we were going (at least I don't think he did). I hired a sitter to watch the boys for the day. Then around 9:15am Nicole and her brother Luke showed up at our house and we all piled into the car and headed to...Six Flags! This picture was taken in the parking lot of Six Flags.

 
There were two worries, one that it would be crowded and two that it would rain because both were predicted to be likely. However, it must have been that the rest of the would-be six flags guests had the same worries and stayed home because we pretty much walked onto every ride. The overcast morning made the heat more bearable, and it never did rain! Perfect! Then, at about 3:00pm we left the park and headed back towards our side of town. I had brought Justin and myself a change of clothes which we put on in a QT bathroom. Then we headed to...the movies where we saw Iron Man 2. Luke left us, but Jonny joined us. The movie was pretty good, for a sequel. After the movie we went across the street to...LongHorn's Steakhouse where we met up with Justin's entire family and my parents. Jess had gone and picked up our boys and brought them to dinner too. Thanks to Jess we had a room to ourselves, which was great because our kids were going nuts. Dinner was okay. Justin's food was overcooked, but he ended up getting a new plate so it worked out. I had the scallops, not my new favorite. Justin opened his gifts to find a lot of things on his wish list, which was perfect because people usually ignore his wish list requests because they can be kind of strange. Thanks to everyone who helped make the surprises work! When we left the restaurant it started pouring down rain, but it was too late to spoil our day. I had fun. I hope Justin did too. It is always a little difficult to tell what Justin is thinking and feeling, but he says he was surprised and that he liked his birthday, so I'll just have to take his word for it. Thanks to everyone who helped make the surprises work!

0 comments: