Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkins

About once every 5 years we decide to actually take part in traditional holiday activities and this year happened to be one of those rare years. So, last weekend we had fun with pumpkins. On Friday night we had friends over and we let our kids paint their little pumpkins. Some enjoyed it more than others. You can tell by Maggie's face in the picture below that she didn't quite get the point. Aiden was like a crazed artist who couldn't stand to have anyone disrupt his concentration on his masterpiece. Ours boys had a grand old time since Mom was actually letting them play with something messy.

 
On Sunday I invited my parents and James over for dinner and then tricked them into bringing the dinner too. Don't feel bad for them. They understand. After dinner we carved our larger pumpkins. I started out carving a dragon and then tricked my mom into finishing it. Justin carved a pumpkin with a devilish grin, and James carved the weepy moaning pumpkin. They all turned out really well I think. My dad watched Baby Einstein with the boys, which he said really creeped him out.
 
If you are wondering why I have pictures in this post when I said in my last post that I lost my camera, then first let me thank you for actually reading my blog. Justin found our really old digital camera that I have been using for the past few weeks. It is a piece of junk, but it takes pictures so it will have to do...until my birthday when I get a new camera (hint, hint).

2 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

wow, u guys have talent... those pumpkins are impressive. we did a very basic carving for our pumpkin.

The Fox Family said...

Sweet pumpkins. I think the dragon is my personal fav.