Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let the Christmas Celebrations Begin!

I have basically been forced to be more festive this year. Now that the boys are at an age of awareness they are much more excited about Christmas. Up until now they have just kind of blithely gone along with my low level of holiday celebrations, but something in Jackson has changed and now he has higher expectations. I blame it on Methodist Preschool.

I refuse to go see some mall Santa where you have to pay some ridiculously high price for a Polaroid picture. So, the Santa at the ward Christmas party was sufficient. I wasn’t surprised that Jackson had absolutely no problem jumping in a stranger’s lap (he is not the shy type), but Drake surprised me. He willingly sat in Santa’s lap too. Of course he didn’t smile or say anything, but he sat there grimacing without complaint while pictures were snapped. I think his motivation was the candy he saw the other kids get after they sat in Santa’s lap.

Last Thursday I had my Bunco group over for a festive holiday themed Bunco night. Really the only thing that made it festive was my Christmas tree being up and the holiday table clothes. It was a fun night. I still haven’t won anything, but I enjoy the game and the company enough to not care. We ended up being short one, so James filled in for us again. He is such an awesome brother!

Check out our fancy Christmas lights! We have a friend who puts up Christmas lights professionally during the holidays so we had him do our house. We bought cheap lights, but it still looks really good! I got up on the roof once while he was up there doing the lights and about peed my pants because it was too steep and too high for my comfort. It made me appreciate all his hard work about ten times more than I already did. Thanks again Ryan! (If you live in the Atlanta area and you would like holiday lights professionally put up on your house call Ryan on the Roof at 678-663-3897)

On Monday night Jackson had his preschool Christmas Pageant. He was a spider. Strange, I know, but they had so many kids in the pageant that they had to get creative and think of other creatures that may have been in the stable with the baby Jesus. There were also dogs and doves, but that isn’t quite as strange as a spider. He didn’t even have a costume like the other kids. It was kind of like they just gave up after the 50th kid. Jackson enjoyed it though and he sang all of his songs like a good little spider.

2 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

ya i think my house picture isn't much better. cute bunco pictures! thanks for having a fun christmas theme, don't forget u had christmas music playing too!

The Fox Family said...

Loved the Bunco pics. What fun it is.
Jackson's spider pic was the best though. Of course! There must have been spiders in the stable. LOL!